gmail import contacts
gmail account management
Gmail Import Contacts by CSV
You can import your address books (from Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo!, orkut, and other services) into Gmail, or transfer contacts between Gmail accounts.
Transfer contacts between Gmail accounts.
- First, You'll need to format your contacts as a CSV file. Often times, address books exported from other mail providers are already formatted as CSV files. Check out our tutorial about export Gmail contacts into CSV file as an example. You can only import up to 3000 contacts at a time. If you have more than 3000 contacts, you'll need to create multiple CSV files to upload.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Go to the "old Google Contacts" page. Because the new version of Google Contacts doesn't support importing contact from CSV files.
- Click "Import Contacts…" in the bottom of left menu.
- Click "Browse…" and choose the CSV file that is available in your computer, click Import.
- Wait for a few seconds and your contacts are imported.
When it's done, Gmail will display the number of contacts imported. If you receive any error messages during the import, you might need to edit your CSV file.
Import contacts from other providers as Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo into Gmail
- Sign in to Gmail. At the top left, click Gmail > Contacts.
- In the left panel menu, click More, then select Import...
- Choose the email service that the email you want to import contacts from belongs.
- Click "I agree, let’s go!" to go to the next step.
- Sign in the other email account. Enter your email address, click Next, then enter your password to sign in.
- Click Agree to let ShuttleCloud Migration help you import contacts. Wait for a few second and you will find the imported contact in your address book.